Monday, January 5, 2009

The darker side

Most of my writing thus far has been about the positive aspects of life here on the island, however, for those of you interested in hearing about the darker side of Korean society, I direct you to the links column on the right hand side of this blog.

Both Lost on Jeju and Life Under the Volcano share some interesting stories about the not-so-fun and very real events that take place here in Korea and on the island. Its not that I wouldn't write about events and stories like these, but I have yet to encounter any issues as serious as the ones addressed in both these blogs. When I do, I'll be certain that you hear about it.

So if you want to read some very interesting perspectives that many people aren't aware of, I recommend checking out both of them for your own benefit. It has definitely helped me become more attentive, and opened my eyes to some problems that I didn't even know existed.

No comments: