Friday, May 15, 2009

Shootout success

I'm still left with a bad taste in my mouth from the last Jeju United game, but since I've got nothing better to do on a weeknight, I thought I'd check out the game playing at World Cup Stadium on Wednesday.

Jeju United was facing Gangneung city, not a K-league team, but a member of the FA Cup. It was the first round of the FA CUp, and it was pretty empty in the stadium, even more so than the last time I was at World Cup Stadium; maybe a hundred people showed up, including the players.

Overall the game was pretty slow, with Jeju United getting some good chances with five minutes left in the game. Gangneung's keeper made a great save to put them into a shootout with Jeju:



First up for our team was Ricardo:



Their second shooter had trouble with his kick:



It was up to No. 19 오베라 also known as "The Black Pearl" to finish them off:



So again, United wins a game that has nothing to do with the K-league and doesn't improve in the standings at all; at least they advance in the FA Cup.

No comments: