Thursday, October 8, 2009

The season of colours

Today was the first day I woke up and it actually felt like fall. Sure it was sunny out and warm, but something in the air felt different, that old familiar feeling of a change in seasons.

Last weekend I got my first glimpse of the changing leaves up on Hallasan; this week I'm breaking out my heavy fall coat. Almost all the oranges in the fields are nearly ripe for picking, and in about another month the Jeju Orange Festival will kick off.


While some people may complain that it's getting too cold, or that there isn't going to be anything to do now that the weather is declining, I'm looking forward to the change of pace. It feels a lot like when I first got here, a sensation I have fond memories of.

On my drive into work today, everything felt just slightly different. I noticed a building which I've never seen before, but that has always been there, leaves that are starting to clutter the sides of my street and people dressing in more layers.

In defiance of the changing seasons, there is an upcoming beach volleyball tournament this weekend at Iho beach in Jeju-si. This will be the second tournament held in memory of Nathan Furey, with proceeds going to his family.

Having played in the first tournament, I knew how much fun it was, so I decided with a few friends to put together another team. It's probably the last beach event in a while, so I hope it'll be a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds pretty exciting to see the fall coming. I wish the colors would be just as beautiful as the ones on cabot trail! Happy belated thanksgiving. Hope you had a great weekend :-)