Monday, April 6, 2009

Waterworld is back

That's right, Waterworld is back, and I don't mean Kevin Costner. For anyone on Jeju, particularly in the Seogwipo region, who appreciates a sauna and a swim, this is great news.

I've been there a few times and it has always been busy, which is not necessarily a good thing, but it shows that they're doing something right. They have some pretty impressive baths as well as an expansive range of saunas to use.


I was quite sad when I learned it had closed down a month or two ago, and was a bit surprised as well, because there was always people coming and going.

It was originally a theme water park as well, but when a kid drowned, they shut it down and just kept the saunas operating. It closed over a couple of months ago, and with it, all of the other outlets running underneath the World Cup Stadium, including a movie theatre and a state-of-the-art gym.

It appears as though the gym and saunas have now combined forces, as there is now access to both and now a swimming pool too. I first learned of this when an advertising agent dropped some pamphlets and coupons off at my hagwon earlier today; I am excited, as it's now only a five minute walk for me to get to a glorious jimjilbong.



For 250,000 won you can get a year membership that gives you access to everything; not bad. The regular admission price is probably still 7,000 won, and perhaps a separate cost for the swimming pool and gym as well.

I've also heard that the movie theatres may be re-opening soon as well. I'll update when I've got more information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I googled jeju waterworld and your blog came up. Nice review about it; I'm gonna go check it out soon!

By the way I'm also teaching in Jeju. Hope you're liking the island :]