Saturday, March 7, 2009

Let's Go Jeju!

Being a sports fan, I enjoy watching almost every sport there is; being a sports fan on Jeju, I have limited options to sustain my interest. That being said, I was very excited upon learning that there was a World Cup Stadium located only five minutes from where I live.

Since moving to Jeju in 2006, Bucheon SK, now renamed Jeju United, have yet to have a very productive season. Coming from Ontario, Canada, I can understand what it means to be cheering for a lost cause.


Jeju United's first game of the season starts today at 2:00 pm, against Gangwon FC. Their first home game, at World Cup Stadium, takes place next Sunday at 3:00pm, and I'll be there.

If you're wearing red or orange, you can get a discount, and if you're wearing a Jeju United tee or jersey, its free; the tee-shirts are only 1000 won so why not go. Its as good as any reason to get outside, spend time with some friends, and enjoy a few beer watching a game. If you want to know more about this season's schedule you can find it here.

No comments: