Monday, March 23, 2009

Pension Paradise

I spent most of Saturday moving into my new pension apartment; it is glorious. It's bigger, better, and has a beautiful view of the ocean and Beomseom island. Here is the view from my veranda:



The apartment has a main room/bedroom with enough space for a couch if I wanted one. Although I'm now thinking of just getting a traditional Korean tea table with some cushions, so that I'll have a place for people to sit and relax when they come over.



The kitchen is big enough for a table of four and I have a full size refrigerator as well as a built-in purified water dispenser with hot/cold taps, which means no more boiling water in a kettle for me!

The apartment is also all-inclusive, so I don't have to worry about paying any utilities, or about skimping on the air-conditioning when the Summer heat sets in.



Did I mention that it's also surrounded by gardens and orange grove fields?

It's a bit off the beaten path, but that's its only shortcoming; in fact, I prefer it that way, so that I can enjoy the peace and quiet whenever I want.

There is a road that leads past the pension and down towards the shore, so I'll need to do some more exploring when I get the chance. The road leading to the pension is surrounded by these beautiful orange groves, with the World Cup Stadium towering over the trees in the distance; it's all quite serene.



I'm in the market for a scooter, so once I have that, my pension paradise will be complete.

3 comments:

Pat Moll said...

Holy crap!

Anonymous said...

It does look like paradise, hope you enjoy your new digs.
MMM

Unknown said...

OK, so I am trying to be more positive about life, but WTF. My hagwon apartment is a pit! Literally. It's on the ground floor, north side of a really ugly apartment building, right next to the main entrance. EVERYONE in the building stops to hock loogies by my door. I swear. And view? Bars on the frosted windows. I can't even SEE outside unless I open the sliding door and then the frosted windows. Then I can see the driveway and the equally ugly building next door.

But, change is afoot, and I hope to soon be moving to an apartment at the National University, with water and mountain views.

Your place sounds the most awesomest though. Congrats.

Marcie